- The most important dental care takes place at home. Tariq Drabu advises that prevention is better than cure, but the majority of oral health prevention takes place at home. Brushing twice a day, flossing daily and then only a routine dental appointment will be needed to ensure you take proper care of your teeth and gums at all times. Tariq Drabu also recommends a healthy diet with limited sugars to reduce the risk of tooth decay.
- Tariq Drabu wants to remind patients that a healthy smile is much better than a perfect one. Everyone will have one or two imperfections, this may be a slightly crooked tooth or slight discolouration, but at long as the teeth are healthy, that is what should matter the most and is what will give the patient the best smile moving forward.
- Tariq Drabu also advises that teeth don't have to be perfectly straight, this is not natural. Rather ensure your teeth are properly aligned and don't be embarrassed by the gap here and there.
- Take care of your gums. Gum health is as important as healthy teeth. Everyone is prone to gum disease and most adults will have gum disease at some point in their lives. At your dental appointment, your dentist will poke and prod your gums, this is quite normal. If you notice any bleeding while brushing or your gums tend to get red and swollen, Tariq Drabu advises you visit your dentist as soon as possible for diagnosis and treatment.
- He also recommends that the one mistake many people make is to over whiten, which looks completely unnatural. At the Langley Dental Practice they provide two whitening options to take advantage of, both are affordable in price and both are carried out under strict supervision from one of the dental team.
Saturday, 28 May 2016
Dental Tips from Leading UK Dentist and Oral Surgeon - 2016
There are five very important dental tips you are going to want to bear in mind each and every day. When you are carrying out your oral hygiene routine at home or whether you are on your way to your dentist for a routine check up, keep these five things in mind.
Tariq Drabu, a leading UK dentist and specialist oral surgeon has advised that there are five dental tips that everyone needs to know about.